I was recently invited to take part in the ‘teapigs matcha challenge‘ in which you consume matcha everyday for 14 days and see how great you feel! There are so many different ways to consume matcha, such as in a smoothie, porridge, latte, cocktail or shot. Scroll down through the pictures to see how creative I got with mine!
Benefits of drinking matcha
* Matcha is the highest quality green tea powder – 15 times stronger than regular green tea
* It contains huge amounts of antioxidants which prevent disease, including catechin which is known for its cancer fighting properties
* It creates a calm buzz, gently waking you up so you are less likely to have a caffeine crash
* It can help to boost memory, concentration and happiness because of the production of dopamine and serotonin
* It increases your metabolism so aids in weight loss
* It removes toxins from the body and is high in chlorophyll
* It can help to lower cholesterol levels
* It promotes a healthy immunw system thanks to vitamins A & C, iron, calcium and potassium
How to make your own matcha latte at home
1. Boil the kettle and pour about a centimetre of hot water into a mug.
2. Heat up some almond milk in a pan on the stove
3. Whilst the milk is being heated, whisk up 1/4 teaspoon of matcha powder with the centimetre of hot water in the mug until all the lumps are gone and it’s starting to get frothy.
4. Once the milk is warmed, pour it into the mug, whisk again, and enjoy!
I hope you are inspired to give this wonderful green powder a go – tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter to show me your matcha creations and let me know how your matcha latte turns out!